Home | My Links | About Me | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Science of Blogging


For me Blogging is a technology made to entertain, for the entertainment of yourself and other people who would be reading your blog but for most of the Information Technology professionals(atleast for most people that I know), blogging is a serious part of their lives. The questions is, is it that important for me?

I started to know about blogging when I first got hold and first found out about the magical world of the World Wide Web. But what is blogging? As wikipedia has defined, a blog is a “(a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.” Well, that explains a lot. Well, I also would like to refer it as one's “online diary”, because it generally works just like a diary, only that everyone in the world can get the chance to see and read your thoughts.

Is it important? Well, even I knew blogging that early, I never had the chance to try it that time. It was on the last year of our college wherein we were literally forced to make a blog and then, ofcourse, use it to post our assignments. I was never that creative with my thoughts to be posted into the internet, but hey, I got a decent grade on that course!!! Certainly, that does not answer my question of whether a blog is this important, but these days, it have been, to me, as something more than that of a mere trend. It has, for me, became a science. A science that would have a very important role in this world where technology is fast evolving, where new gadgets are being developed every minute, where entertainment is in constant change, where health, the economy and politics is now highly influenced by how progressive a nation is and where it is a must in a modern world not to be left out in the past.

What do I try to imply? Yes, blogging is made to entertain. I will not change my belief about that. But there is more to what I mean. Blogging can be a place where people can inform and be informed. It is where one can share thoughts and others can also share their own thoughts about it. Do not under estimate, because one blog can influence others' take on something either sensitive or something very simple. A blog can be as political as the election itself, or it could be as sweet as a chocolate cookie ice cream. I mean, it is by blogging most of the IT professionals keep in touch to their humanity. It is through the help of communication, one of it through blogging, professionals could stay human despite of the overwhelming changes of technology.

Blogging is more that just a technology. It is with human touch. Communication. That is My Science of Blogging.

If you have time, you could also check my previous blog at reJr of the Future. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions and yadda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment