Home | My Links | About Me | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ateneo de Iloilo Immersion

As part of the outreach activity of Ateneo de Iloilo - Santa Maria Catholic School, the third year students will be adopted by a certain foster family, and live the simple life in the rural areas for a day. It has been my privilage to be asked to be one of the teachers to accompany the young ones, and thanks to God, the whole activity is a success.

A scenario in Brgy. Sinubsuban

It was such a good scene to see the student's who were not used to walk on muddy trails "survive" and appreciate the simple lives of the residents of Brgy. Sinubsuban in Maasin, Iloilo (here on the Philippines). I too had fun doing (of what supposed to be a daunting) task of checking on the kid's condition with their respective foster families. Imagine we also have to walk hundreds of miles of muddy trail (ofcourse I'm exagerating) in order to check on all of them. But the long walk was seemed to be made short with the company of my serious(?) but fun colleagues and co-teachers. It was such a great experience with an activity with a great cause!

My co-teachers making a pose with a (self-proclaimed, just now, sacred) tree.


Students and teachers walking through a muddy trail.


Ma'am Menchie overlooking at the students who enjoy the coolness of the river.


Me in my (self-proclaimed, again) hacienda.

For more pictures, please go through my official blogsite, Ateneo de Iloilo - Computer and Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment